No matter what, your age is you always want your hair to look silky, shiny, and healthy of course. However several factors, such as hair grooming habits, poor hair care, illness, and poor nutrition can cause our hair to look dull and lifeless. But there is always a solution available for any problem and for this problem, there are two ways – the natural way and the chemical-induced way. To see the long-term effects one should go for the natural one. Here are some very effective home remedies for shiny hair.
Home Remedies For Shiny, Silky Hair In A Minute
- Black Tea
- Hot Oil
- Aloe Vera
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Coconut Oil
- Rose Water
Home Remedies For Shiny, Silky Hair In A Minute
1. Black Tea
If you have brown, dark brown, or black hair, then this is a terrific way to not only bring shine to your hair but also helps to keep you from losing hair as well. (1)
- Boil 1 cup of water and add 1 teaspoon of black tea to it.
- Transfer the liquid to a spray bottle.
- Whenever you wash your hair, after towel drying your hair spray some of it.
If you are happy with the smell of black tea then it’s an alternative for you to use. The procedure is the same. This will add instant shine to your hair.
- Boil some water and add coffee to it.
- Transfer it to a spray bottle and use it after towel drying your hair.
- You can store the liquid for 7 days in the refrigerator. This will add an instant shine to your hair.
Mayo is loaded with amino acids, antioxidants, and proteins that will turn frumpy hair into a super shiny hair. Use it on wet hair. It will give smooth, silky, and shiny hair.
- Take half or full cup of mayo, and apply it to the wet hair.
- Cover it with a shower cap for some time and then wash it.
- Do this once a week and see the results.
4. Hot Oil
I know this does not give you results in a minute, but the results you get after this can beat any other remedy. Take any oil of your choice and warm it a bit. Apply this to your scalp and hair. Leave it overnight or for 2 hours. Wash it off with the shampoo of your choice. Do this twice a week for great results. (2)
This is another method or way to condition your hair and make them smooth. It also helps to keep dandruff at bay because it is full of antibacterial and anti–fungal compounds. (3)
- Brush your hair with a wide-tooth comb.
- Apply the yogurt to your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash it off with normal water, then you can do your shampoo and conditioner.
- You can use this once or twice a week as per your convenience.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is almost known by everyone. It is rich with so many vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It controls frizz and dandruff superbly.
- Take one cup of water and add about 1-2 tsp of aloe vera gel.
- Mix them well and transfer to a spray bottle.
- Wash your hair and spray some of it on wet hair.
- Let your hair dry. This gives smooth, silky, and shiny hair.
- You can also apply fresh aloe vera on your scalp and hair, leave it for 30 minutes and wash.
Beer is an excellent hair tonic. The malt and hops in beer really help o repair damaged hair cuticles, making them stronger and shinier. (4)
- Wash your hair as normally do. Then apply some beer from the roots to the end.
- Massage it for 2-3 minutes and allow it to sit for 4-5 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with normal water and then do condition them.
- Dry your hair and see the shine it gave to hair from top to bottom.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a natural conditioner meant for all skin and hair types. This makes your hair feel super soft and moisturized.
- Wash your hair as you do and then mix an equal amount of water and apple cider vinegar.
- Rinse your hair with it and leave it for 2 minutes.
- Now rinse your hair with normal water.
- Do this once a week for best results.
9. Coconut Oil
To get shiny and silky hair one must give proper attention to them and care. Shiny hair needs nourishment and coconut oil is a the way to get that shine in your hair. There are two methods – first is to apply it on the scalp and hair overnight and the second one is to apply it on wet hair after washing your hair. For the second method, you just have to take a very little amount of oil and apply it evenly to the hair. (5)
Honey is a natural humectant, which means that it draws moisture in and holds on to it.
- Mix two tbsp of honey in two cups of warm water.
- Pour it into a spray bottle and shake well.
- After doing shampoo spray it on your hair.
- Massage it for some time and let it sit for 5 minutes. Rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
- After this, you don’t even need to apply a conditioner.
- Do this once or twice a week for best results.
Lemon is known for treating itchiness and dandruff, but they also make your hair silky and shiny. It will also remove any kind of infection from your scalp and make it odor free too.
- When you are done with shampoo, take a cup of water and squeeze half a lemon in it.
- Rinse your hair with this water.
- Give it 2 minutes and then rinse with normal water.
- Do this twice a week. It will also remove any kind of infection from your scalp and make it odor free too.
12. Rose Water
Rosewater as known by everyone is very good and effective for the face and it gives a refreshing feel to our skin. But very few people know that it is also good for the hair too. Spray some rose water from roots to tips and comb very gently. Give it 2-3 minutes to settle down and then see the magic. It gives hair the shine and smoothness along with a super flowery fragrance. Do this whenever you want. (6)
Use these home remedies for shiny hair as per your choice and need, then see the results you desire. Make sure you are eating a proper diet as diet to show the results and make a huge difference.
- How often does one need to wash the hair?
Ans: It is advisable to wash your hair 2 to 3 times a week with a mild shampoo.
- Is it necessary to use conditioner every time after shampooing?
Ans: Sometimes, it is necessary to use a conditioner after doing shampoo if you have very dry hair. It is good to use at least 2 times a week.
- How often should one go for spa treatment?
Ans: It is good to go for a spa treatment once a month. It will provide more conditions too.
Varsha is a keen content writer with having an interest in writing content on topics like beauty, health & lifestyle. Although she’s fairly new, what she likes best about content writing is that it allows her to learn and write about a variety of topics and issues.
Leave a Reply